Mathematical model of pressing double-phase powders
- 11 Downloads
A phenomenological equation describing the compressibility of double-phase powders without a liquid that is binder based on continuity theory is suggested. It is established that in the case of a smooth experimental curve the parameters of a unified compressibility equation for all pressing stages can be calculated. The numerical parameters of the equation are determined for six powders with particles of various hardnesses. The greatest deviation of the calculated values of the relative density from the experimental values amounts to 11% in the first pressing stage and does not exceed 2.2 – 6.4% in the other regions of the compressibility curve.
KeywordsMathematical Model Relative Density Compressibility Experimental Curve Continuity Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Andrievskii,Science of Powder Materials [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Ornatskii,Soil Mechanics [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1950).Google Scholar
- 3.G. M. Zhdanovich,Theory of Pressing Metallic Powders [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Ya. Popil'skii and F. V. Kondrashov,Pressing of Ceramic Powders [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.N. F. Kunin and B. D. Yurchenko, “Regular features in pressing powders of various materials,”Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 6, 3–10 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.A. K. Karklit, A. P. Larin, S. A. Losev, and V. E. Vernikovskii,Production of Refractories by a Semidry Method [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Yu. Bal'shin,Scientific Foundations of Powder and Fiber Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Yu. Bal'shin and S. S. Kiparisov,Foundations of Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Bridgman,Studies in Large Plastic Flow and Fracture, New York (1952).Google Scholar
- 10.P. M. Ogibalov and I. A. Kiiko,Behavior of a Substance under Pressure [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar