Radioactive isotopes of caesium in the waters and near-water atmospheric layer of the Black Sea
- 27 Downloads
The concentrations of137Cs and134Cs were measured using the sorption method in the waters of the Black Sea during 1986–1987. An inhomogeneous character of the contamination of the surface waters in the Black Sea due to the Chernobyl disaster is shown. The subsequent migration and redistribution of caesium radionuclides in the various seasons of the year were studied. The amount of137Cs and134Cs in the upper 50 m layer was estimated. The results of measuring the concentration of caesium radionuclides in the near-water atmospheric layer over the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea in 1986–1987 are also reported.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Asmolov, V. G., Borovoy, A. A. and Domin, V. F. Disaster at the Chernobyl atomic power station. A year later.At. Energ. (1988)64, 3–23.Google Scholar
- 2.Izrael, Yu. A., Petrov, V. N. and Avdyushin, S. A. Radioactive contamination of natural environment in the area of the disaster at the Chernobyl atomic power station.Meteorol. Gidrol. (1987)2, 5–18.Google Scholar
- 3.Buesseler, K. O. Chernobyl: oceanographic studies in the Black Sea.Oceanus (1987)30, 23–30.Google Scholar
- 4.Baranov, V. I. (Ed.).Radioactive Contamination of Seas and Oceans. Moscow: Nauka (1964), 223 p.Google Scholar
- 5.Vakulovsky, S. M., Lishevskaya, O. M. and Nikitin, A. M. Methods for the concentration of radiocaesium from the sea water at fibrous chemisorbents.Proc. IEM (1985)174, 83–88.Google Scholar
- 6.Gedeonov, L. I., Stepanov, A. V. and Krylov, V. N. Methods of the137Cs determination in sea water.Preprint, V. G. Khlopin Radio-instit. 14 p.Google Scholar
- 7.Vakulovsky, S. M., Katrich, I. Yu. and Krasnopevtsev, Yu. V. Spatial distribution and the balance3H and137Cs in the Black Sea in 1977.At. Energ. (1980)2, 105–108.Google Scholar
- 8.Gedeonov, L. I., Nelepo, B. A. and Yakovleva, G. V. Studying the balance of long-lived fragmentary radionuclides in the Black Sea.Disposal of Radioactive Wastes into Seas, Oceans and Surface Waters. Vienna: IAEA (1966), pp. 373–380.Google Scholar