Direct relaxation of optimal layout problems for plates
- 49 Downloads
This paper suggests an application of a direct procedure initiated in Ref. 1 to problems of optimal layout for plates. Optimal microstructures are explicity indicated for a number of special cases, particularly for the case where the original and conjugate strain tensors are coaxial.
Key WordsDirect relaxation optimal microstructures necessary conditions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lurie, K. A.,The Extension of Optimization Problems Containing Controls in the Coefficients, Proceeding of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, Vol. 114A, pp. 81–97, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Lurie, K. A., Fedorov, A. V., andCherkaev, A. V.,Regularization of Optimal Design Problems for Bars and Plates, Parts 1 and 2, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 37, pp. 499–521, 1982 and Vol. 37, pp. 523–543, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Lurie, K. A., andCherkaev, A. V.,The Effective Characteristics of Composite Materials and Optimal Design of Constructions, Advances in Mechanics (Poland), Vol. 9, pp. 3–81, 1986 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Lurie, K. A., andLipton, R.,Direct Solution of an Optimal Layout Problem for Isotropic Heat Conductors in Three Dimensions, Theoretical Aspects of Industrial Design, Edited by D. A. Field and V. Komkov, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, pp. 1–11, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.Lurie, K. A.,Direct Solution of an Optimal Layout Problem for Isotropic and Anisotropic Heat Conductors on a Plane, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 72, pp. 553–575, 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.Ball, J. M.,Convexity Conditions and Existence Theorems in Nonlinear Elasticity, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, Vol. 63, pp. 337–403, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.Strang, G.,The Polyconvexification of F(∇u), Research Report CMA-R09-83, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.Kohn, R. V., andStrang, G.,Optimal Design and Relaxation of Variational Problems, Parts 1–3, Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 39, pp. 113–137, 1986; Vol. 39, pp. 139–182, 1986 and Vol. 39, pp. 353–377, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.Lurie, A. I.,Nonlinear Theory of Elasticity, North-Holland, Amsterdam, Holland, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Gibiansky, L. V., andCherkaev, A. V.,Design of Composite Plates of Extremal Stiffness, Report 914, A.F. Ioffe Institute, Leningrad, Russia, 1984 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.Francfort, G., andMurat, F.,Homogenization and Optimal Bounds in Linear Elasticity, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, Vol. 94, pp. 307–334, 1986.Google Scholar