Isolation and analytical aspects of Valeriana compounds
- 39 Downloads
A statistical comparison between the soxhlet extraction and the percolation extraction of (iso)valtrate from severalValeriana preparations did not show a significant difference with regard to their accuracy. Because the soxhlet extraction was the least laborious, this procedure was preferred. Thereafter a quantitative determination of (iso)valtrate was performed using TLC and HPLC.
The standard deviation of the values obtained by HPLC was found to be significantly smaller compared to the values obtained by TLC. Furthermore, the HPLC procedure turned out to be less laborious.
KeywordsHPLC Method Soxhlet Extraction Dual Wavelength Anisaldehyde Pharmaceutisch Weekblad Scientific Edition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Booster, P. (1972)Statistische methoden voor het laboratorium. Agon Elsevier, Amsterdam-Brussel.Google Scholar
- Campbell, R. C. (1967)Statistics for biologists. University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Delaunois, A. L. (1973) In:Biostatistics in Pharmacology, section 7,International encyclopedia of pharmacology and therapeutics, Vol. I and II, Ist. ed. Pergamon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Funke, E. D. (1976) Thesis, Münster.Google Scholar
- Hazelhoff, B., B. Weert, R. Denee andTh. M. Malingré (1979)Pharm. Weekblad Sci. Ed. 1, 140–148.Google Scholar
- Schild, W. (1969) Thesis, Saarbrücken.Google Scholar