Identification of solvent-exposed regions of an FK-506 analog, ascomycin, bound to FKBP using a paramagnetic probe
- 34 Downloads
The solvent-exposed regions of [U-13C]ascomycin when bound to its putative target protein; FKBP, have been identified based on the different proton longitudinal relaxation rates (R1 = 1/T1) measured in the absence and presence of the paramagnetic relaxation reagent, 4-hydroxy-2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-piperidinyl-I-oxy (HyTEMPO). The proton T1s of bound ascomycin were determined using a pulse sequence (T1-HMQC) which consists of a 180° proton pulse and a variable delay (τ) followed by a heteronuclear multiple quantum correlation (HMQC) experiment. The solvent-exposed regions of ascomycin determined by these experiments are compared to NOE data in which ascomycin/FKBP contacts were identified and to the X-ray structure of the FK-506/FKBP complex.
KeywordsFKBP Ascomycin Paramagnetic relaxation Solvent-exposed regions of bound ligands T1
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arai T., Koyama Y., Suenaga, T. and Honda, H. (1962)J. Antibiotics,15, 231–232.Google Scholar
- Arseniev, A.S., Sobol, A.G. and Bystrov, V.F. (1986)J. Magn. Reson.,70, 427–435.Google Scholar
- Fesik, S. W. (1989) InComputer-Aided Drug Design. Methods and Applications (Eds, Perun, T.J. and Propst, C.L.) Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. 133–184.Google Scholar
- Fesik, S.W., Gemmecker, G., Olejniczak, E.T. and Petros, A.M. (1991)J. Am. Chem. Soc.,113, 7080–7081.Google Scholar
- Hatanaka, H., Kino, T., Miyata, S., Inamura, N., Kuroka, A., Goto, T., Tanaka, H. and Okuhara, M. (1988)J. Antibiotics,41, 1592–1601.Google Scholar
- Müller, L. (1979)J. Am. Chem. Soc.,101, 4481–4484.Google Scholar
- Niccolai, N., Valensin, G., Rossi, C. and Gibbons, W.A. (1982) J. Am. Chem. Sac.,104, 1534–1537.Google Scholar
- Solomon, I. and Bloembergen, J. (1956)J. Chem. Phys.,25, 261–266.Google Scholar
- Standaert, R.F., Galat, A., Verdine, G.L. and Schreiber, S.L. (1990)Nature,46, 671–674.Google Scholar