On characterizing the solution sets of pseudolinear programs
- 151 Downloads
This paper provides several new and simple characterizations of the solution sets of pseudolinear programs. By means of the basic properties of pseudolinearity, the solution set of a pseudolinear program is characterized, for instance, by the equality that\(\nabla f(x)^T (\bar x - x) = 0\), for each feasible pointx, where\(\bar x\) is in the solution set. As a consequence, we give characterizations of both the solution set and the boundedness of the solution set of a linear fractional program.
Key WordsSolution sets pseudolinear programs linear fractional programs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chew, K. L., andChoo, E. V.,Pseudolinearity and Efficiency, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 28, pp. 226–239, 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.Komlósi, S.,First and Second-Order Characterization of Pseudolinear Functions, European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 67, pp. 278–286, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Rapesak, T.,On Pseudolinear Functions, European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 50, pp. 353–360, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Charnes, A., andCooper, W. W.,Programming with Linear Fractional Functionals, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol. 19, pp. 181–186, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.Craven, B. D.,Fractional Programming, Sigma Series in Applied Mathematics, Heldermann Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.Mangasarian, O. L.,A Simple Characterization of Solution Sets of Convex Programs, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 7, pp. 21–26, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.Burke, J. V., andFerris, M. C.,Characterization of Solution Sets of Convex Programs, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 10, pp. 57–60, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Jeyakumar, V.,Infinite-Dimensional Convex Programming with Applications to Constrained Approximation, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 75, pp. 469–586, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Jeyakumar, V., andYang, X. Q.,Convex Composite Multi-Objective Nonsmooth Programming, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 59, pp. 325–343, 1993.Google Scholar
- 10.Kortanek, K. O., andEvans, J. P.,Pseudoconcave Programming and Lagrange Regularity, Operations Research, Vol. 15, pp. 882–892, 1967.Google Scholar
- 11.Rockafellar, R. T.,Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1970.Google Scholar