Theq-gamma function forq>1
- 102 Downloads
In this paper we will state two analogues of the Bohr-Mollerup theorem forq>1. It turns out that the log convexity off together with the initial condition and the functional equation no longer forcesf to be theq-gamma function. A stronger condition is needed than the log convexity, and two sufficient conditions are given in this paper. Also we will consider the behavior of theq-gamma function asq-changes forq>1.
AMS (1970) subject classificationPrimary 33A15
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Artin, E.,The gamma function. Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1964.Google Scholar
- Askey, R.,The q-gamma and q-beta functions. Applicable Anal. to appear.Google Scholar
- Bohr, H. andMollerup, J.,Laerebog Matematisk Analyse, Vol. III, Copenhagen, 1922.Google Scholar
- Jackson, F. H.,On q-definite integrals. Quart. J. Pure Appl. Math.41 (1910), 193–203.Google Scholar
- John, F.,Special solutions of certain difference equations. Acta Math.71 (1939), 175–189.Google Scholar