Convex optimization by radial search
- 48 Downloads
A convex nonsmooth optimization problem is replaced by a sequence of line search problems along recursively updated rays. Convergence of the method is proved, and relations to existing methods are discussed.
Key WordsNonsmooth optimization subgradient methods aggregation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hiriart-Urruty, J. B., andLemaréchal, C.,Convex Analysis and Minimization Algorithms, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.Kiwiel, K. C.,Methods of Descent for Nondifferentiable Optimization, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.Ermoliev, Y. M.,Methods of Stochastic Programming, Nauka, Moscow, Soviet Union, 1976 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Mikhalevich, V. S., Gupal, A. M., andNorkin, V. I.,Methods of Nonconvex Optimization, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 1987 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Ermoliev, Y. M., Kryazhimskii, A. V., andRuszczyński, A.,A Constraint Aggregation Principle in Convex Optimization, Working Paper WP-95-015, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Laxenburg, Austria, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.Ermoliev, Y. M., andRuszczyński, A.,Convex Optimization by Radial Search, Working Paper WP-95-036, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Laxenburg, Austria, 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.Rockafellar, R. T.,Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1973.Google Scholar