The K-property of 4D billiards with nonorthogonal cylindric scatterers
- 22 Downloads
The K-property of cylindric billiards given on the 4-torus is established. These billiards are neither “orthogonal,” where general necessary and sufficient conditions were obtained by D. Szász, nor isomorphic to hard-ball systems, where the connecting path formula of N. Simányi is at hand.
Key WordsLocal and global ergodicity hyperbolic dynamical systems semidispersing billiards cylindric billiards hard-ball systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. A. Bunimovich and Ya. G. Sinai, On a fundamental theorem in the theory of dispersing billiards,Mat. Sbornik 90:415–431 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Krámli, N. Simányi, and D. Szász, TheK-property of three billiard balls,Ann. Math. 133:37–72 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. G. Sinai, Dynamical systems with elastic reflections,Usp. Mat. Nauk 25:141–192 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. G. Sinai, Billiard trajectories in polyhedral angle,Usp. Mat. Nauk 33:231–232 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. G. Sinai and N. I. Chernov, Ergodic properties of some systems of 2-D discs and 3-D spheres,Usp. Mat. Nauk 42:153–174 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.D. Szász, Ergodicity of classical hard balls,Physica A 194:86–92 (1993).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Szász, TheK-property of “orthogonal” cylindric billiards,Commun. Math. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar