Integration of four genes, a pseudogene, thirty-one STSs, and a highly polymorphic STRP into the 7–10 Mb YAC contig of 5q34–q35
- 34 Downloads
Thirty-one sequence tagged sites and a highly polymorphic short tandem repeat polymorphism have been isolated from 5q34–q35 and integrated into the yeast artificial chromosome (YAC) contig of 5q34–q35. In addition, four genes (MSX2, CSX, DRDI, andCLI00) and a pseudogene (GLUT6) were localized on this map. The high density of new markers in the region allowed further refinement of the YAC contig of distal 5q. This is a prerequisite for the conversion of this YAC into a cosmid contig.
KeywordsInternal Medicine Metabolic Disease Tandem Repeat Short Tandem Repeat Artificial Chromosome
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doggett NA, Goodwin LA, Tesmer JG, Meincke LJ, Bruce DC, Clark LM, Altherr MR, Ford AA, Chi H-C, Marrone BL, Longmire JL, Lane SA, Whitmore SA, Lowenstein MG, Sutherland RD, Mundt MD, Knill EH, Bruno WJ, Macken CA, Tomey DC, Wu J-R, Griffith J, Sutherland GR, Deaven LL, Callen DF, Moyzis RK (1995) An integrated physical map of human chromosome 16. Nature 377 [Suppl]:335–365PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Hästabacka J, Chapelle A de la, Mahtani MM, Clines G, Reeve-Daly MP, Daly M, Hamilton BA, Kusumi K, Trivedi B, Weaver A, Coloma A, Lovett M, Buckler A, Kaitila I, Lander ES (1994) The diastrophic dysplasia gene encodes a novel sulfate transporter: positional cloning by fine-structure linkage disequilibrium mapping. Cell 78:1073–1087PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Jabs EW, Müller U, Li X, Ma L, Luo W, Haworth IS, Klisak I, Sparkes R, Warman ML, Mulliken JB, Snead ML, Maxson R (1993) A mutation in the homeodomain of the humanMSX2 gene in a family affected with autosomal dominant craniosynostosis. C ell 75:443–450Google Scholar
- McKusick VA (1995) Online mendelian inheritance in man. Johns Hopkins University Press, BaltimoreGoogle Scholar
- Scott MP, Tamkun JW, Hartzell III GW (1989) The structure and function of the homeodomain. Biochim Biophys Acta 989:2548Google Scholar
- Warrington JA, Bailey SK, Armstrong E, Aprelikova O, Alitalo K, Dolganov GM, Wilcox AS, Sikela JM, Wolfe SF, Lovett M, Wasmuth JJ (1992) A radiation hybrid map of 18 growth factor, growth factor receptor, hormone receptor, or neurotransmitter receptor genes on the distal region of the long arm of chromosome 5. Genomics 13:803–808PubMedGoogle Scholar