Recent environmental tritium levels in Japan-II Coastal seawater and lake water
- 55 Downloads
Tritium concentrations were analyzed for coastal seawater and lake water collected from various places in Japan. Low tritium concentrations were observed for coastal seawater of small islands and it was attributed to a short residence time of the ground-water in such a small island. Tritium concentrations in lake water showed a significant variation. And it was revealed that the size of the lake and its drainage area were the dominant factors controlling the tritium concentrations in lakes.
KeywordsJapan Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Significant Variation Tritium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Takashima, N. Momoshima, M. R. Hamidian,Mem. Fac. Sci. Kyushu University, Ser. C 11 /1978/ 275.Google Scholar
- 2.N. Momoshima, Y. Nakamura, T. Kaji, Y. Takashima,Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett., 58 /1983/ 1.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Momoshima, Y. Nakamura, Y. Takashima,Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 34 /1983/ 1623.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Kaji, N. Momoshima, Y. Nakamura, Y. Takashima,Mem. Fac. Sci. Kyushu University, Ser. C, 14 /1984/ 269.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Allison, J. V. Turner, J. W. Holmes, Isotopes in lake studies, IAEA, Vienna, STI/PUB/511/103/1979.Google Scholar
- 6.S. L. Dingman, A. H. Johnson,Water Resour. Res., 7 /1971/ 1208.Google Scholar