A simple radiochemical determination of90Sr in brines
- 32 Downloads
A simple radiochemical procedure is described for the determination of90Sr in brines, which are very highly concentrated in sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, chloride and sulfate ions. The method is based on the different solubility of yttrium as compared to that of strontium, calcium and magnesium in ammonium chloride solutions, and utilizes Eichroms resin TRU·Spec for the purification of the yttrium fraction. The overall time required for the90Sr analysis (excluding the counting time) is less than one day. Because the procedure involves only rather simple steps, it is well suited for routine analyses of large sample numbers.
KeywordsCalcium Chloride Ammonium Magnesium Strontium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. H. Harley (Ed.), Procedure Manual, HASL-300U.S. Department of Energy New York, USA, 1972 and 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Bunzl, W. Kracke,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 156 (1992) 21.Google Scholar
- 3.C. R. Porter, B. Kahn,Anal. Chem., 36 (1964) 676.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Stoepler,Z. Anal. Chem., 250 (1970) 237Google Scholar
- 6.B. Carmon,Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 28 (1977) 435.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Senegacnik, S. Paljk, J. Kristan,Z. Anal. Chem., 249 (1979) 39.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Borcherding, H. Nies,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 98 (1986) 127.Google Scholar
- 9.Eastern Environmental Radiation Facility (Ed.), Radiochemistry Procedures Manual, EPA 520/5-84-006, Montgomery, USA, 1984 and 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.K. Bunzl, W. Kracke,J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 148 (1991) 115.Google Scholar