Convergence of cascade algorithms introduced by I. Daubechies
Orthonormal wavelets are often constructed by an iteration procedure commonly referred to as thecascade algorithm. We obtain an asymptotic expansion and deduce necessary and sufficient conditions for convergence in Sobolev norms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Daubechies, Orthonormal bases of compactly supported wavelets, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 41 (1988).Google Scholar
- P.G. Lemarié and Y. Meyer, Ondelettes et bases hilbertiennes, Rev. Mat. Iberoamericana (1986) 1–18.Google Scholar
- Y. Meyer,Ondelettes et Opérateurs (Hermann, 1990).Google Scholar
- Y. Meyer and F. Paiva, Remarques sur la construction des ondelettes orthogonales, to be published.Google Scholar
- P. Verlinden and A. Haegemans, An asymptotic expansion in wavelet analysis and its application to accurate numerical wavelet decomposition, Numer. Algor. 2 (1992) 287–298.Google Scholar
- L.F. Villemoes, Wavelet analysis of two-scale difference equations, to be published.Google Scholar