Citation analysis of physics journals: Comparison of subfields of physics
- 73 Downloads
In this study, half-life, citation degree, form dispersion and title dispersion of physic journals were investigated, and they were compaired in each subfield with those in other subfields.
The results from this study were that, on the whole, in physics the most preferred medium for physicists is the “journal”; however, in the subfields in which large experimental or observational devices are used, the use of “reports” and “letter journals” is going to increase.
KeywordsCitation Analysis Form Dispersion Prefer Medium Letter Journal Observational Device
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. H. FUSSLER, Characteristics of the research literature used by chemists and physicists in the United States,Library Quarterly, 19 (1949) 19–35 and 119–143.Google Scholar
- 3.C. H. BROWN,Scientific Serials, Association of College & Research Libraries, Chicago, 1956, 189 p.Google Scholar
- 4.R. E. BURTON, R. W. KEBLER, The ‘half-life’ of some scientific and technical literature,American Documentation, 11 (1960) 18–22.Google Scholar
- 5.A. J. MEADOWS, The citation characteristics of astronomical research literature,Journal of Documentation, 23 (1967) 28–33.Google Scholar
- 6.D. S. PRICE, Networks of scientific papers,Science, 149 (1965) 510–515.Google Scholar
- 7.E. GARFIELD, Citation analysis as a tool in journal evaluation,Science, 178 (1972) 471–479.Google Scholar
- 8.H. INHABER, Is there a pecking order in physics journals?,Physics Today, May (1974) 39–43.Google Scholar
- 10.A. SINGLETON, Journal ranking and selection: a review in physics,Journal of Documentation, 32 (1976) 258–289.Google Scholar
- 11.F. NARIN, M. CARPENTER, N. C. BERLT, Interrelationships of scientific journals,Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 23 (1972) 323–331.Google Scholar
- 12.M. CARPENTER, F. NARIN, Clustering of scientific journals,Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 24 (1973) 377–381.Google Scholar
- 13.M. M. KESSLER, Bibliographic coupling between scientific papers,American Documentation, 14 (1963) 10–25.Google Scholar
- 15.H. EAST, A. WEYMAN, A study in source literature of plasma physics,Aslib Proceedings, 21 (1969) 160–171.Google Scholar