An acceleration property of theE-algorithm for alternate sequences
We prove a convergence acceleration result by theE-algorithm for sequences whose error has an asymptotic expansion on the scale of comparison for which a determinantal relation holds. This result is generalized to the vector case. Moreover we prove a result which contains an acceleration property for columns and diagonals of theE array. This result is applied to some alternating series.
KeywordsExtrapolation E-algorithm convergence acceleration
AMS subject classification65B
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Abramowitz and I. Stegun,Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, N.Y. (1964).Google Scholar
- J.M. Borwein, P.B. Borwein and K. Dilcher,Pi, Euler, and Asymptotic Expansions, Amer. Math. Monthly (1989) 681–687.Google Scholar
- C. Brezinski,The asymptotic behaviour of sequences and new series transformation based on the Cauchy product, Rocky Mt J. Math. 21 (1991) 71–84.Google Scholar
- T.J. Bromwich,An introduction to the theory of infinite series (Macmillan, London, 1949).Google Scholar
- S. Karlin,Total positivity, vol. 1 (Stanford University Press, Stanford, 1962).Google Scholar
- A. Matos and M. Prévost,Acceleration property for the columns of the E-algorithm, Numerical Algorithms 2 (1992) 393–408.Google Scholar
- N. Nörlund,Vorlesungen uber Differenzenrechnung (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1924).Google Scholar
- M. Prévost,Acceleration property for the E-algorithm and an application to the summation of the series, Adv. Comput. Math 2 (1994) 319–341.Google Scholar
- D.V. Widder, The Laplace transform (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1946).Google Scholar