Some remarks on greedy algorithms
- 557 Downloads
Estimates are given for the rate of approximation of a function by means of greedy algorithms. The estimates apply to approximation from an arbitrary dictionary of functions. Three greedy algorithms are discussed: the Pure Greedy Algorithm, an Orthogonal Greedy Algorithm, and a Relaxed Greedy Algorithm.
KeywordsGreedy Algorithm Pure Greedy Algorithm Orthogonal Greedy Algorithm Relaxed Greedy Algorithm Arbitrary Dictionary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Darken, M. Donahue, L. Gurvits and E. Sontag, Rate of approximation results motivated by robust neural network learning,6th ACM Conference on Computer Learning Theory, ACM, 1993, pp. 303–309.Google Scholar
- R. DeVore, B. Jawerth and V. Popov, Compression of wavelet decompositions, American Journal of Mathematics 114 (1992) 737–785.Google Scholar
- L. Jones, A simple lemma on greedy approximation in Hilbert space and convergence rates for projection pursuit regression and neural network training, Annals of Statistics 20 (1992) 608–613.Google Scholar
- G. Davis, S. Mallat and M. Avellaneda, Adaptive nonlinear approximations, Constructure Approximation, to appear.Google Scholar
- S.B. Stechkin, On absolute convergence of orthogonal series, Dok. Akad. Nauk SSSR 102 (1955) 37–40.Google Scholar
- G. Pisier, Remarques sur un resultat non publié de B. Maurey,Seminaire d'Analyse Fonctionelle, 1980–81, Ecole Polytechnique Centre de Mathematiques, Palaiseau.Google Scholar