The Crimean observation of solar oscillations in 1974–1982 showed that the basic period of pulsation of the Sun hidden in its deep interior was equal to P0=160.0101±0.0001min. More recently, the period was changed to the new value P1=159.9662±0.0006min, which almost coincided with the annual sidelobe of the former period P0. The amplitude of the P1 oscillation has increased considerably over 1994–1995. We substantiate the hypothesis that a) the change in the period was caused by the interaction of the P0 oscillation with the rapid rotation of the solar core and that b) the latter has the form of a compact, highly magnetized object like a neutron star rotating with sidereal period P1.
KeywordsNeutron Star Quantum Electronics Nonlinear Optic Basic Period Deep Interior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. H. Plaskett,Observatory,85, 178 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Ledoux, Personal communication (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Severny, Personal communication (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Kotov, V. I. Haneychuk, and T. T. Tsap,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific. Conf. Ser.,76, 82 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.P. H. Scherrer, J. T. Hoeksema, and V. A. Kotov,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific. Conf. Ser.,42, 281 (1993).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Kotov, V. M. Lyuty, and V. I. Haneychuk,Izv. Krymsk. Astrofiz. Obs.,88, 47 (1993).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Kotov, in: Fourth Soho Workshop on Helioseismology, ESA SP-376, Vol. 2 (J. T. Hoeksema, V. Domingo, B. Fleck, and B. Battrick, eds.) (1995), p. 299.Google Scholar
- 13.D. Gough,Phys. Bul.,34, 502 (1983).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Kotov and S. Kuchmi,Izv. Krymsk. Astrofiz. Obs.,70, 38 (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.L. Landau,Nature,141, 333 (1938).Google Scholar
- 16.N. A. Kozyrev, Personal communication (1981).Google Scholar