Acute gastric anisakiasis
- 79 Downloads
Anisakiasis is a disease which occurs following eating raw fish infected with anisakis larvae. Many cases have been reported from Japan and from other countries with increasing opportunities of eating raw fish such as “sushi” and “sashimi.” We have reviewed 28 patients with acute gastric anisakiasis during the last 10 years from November 1984 to October 1994. This disease has rarely been detected in persons over 60 years of age and in patients with gastric surgery. Therefore it is postulated that gastric acid secretion influences the activities of anisakis larvae. An alkaline gastric pH could interfere with the toxicity of anisakis larvae.
Key wordsanisakiasis gastric acid secretion antacid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Van Thiel PH, Kuipers FC, Roskam RTH: A nematode parasitic to herring, causing acute abdominal syndromes in man. Trop Geogr Med 2:97–113, 1960Google Scholar
- 2.Iino H, Uchida T, Imamura K, Furusawa T, Shibata O, Matsumoto K, Suko H, Fukuda M, Yamashita Y, Hasegawa H, Yasuzato R: Anisakiasis in Kyushu. Jpn J Clin Exp Med 70(11):3563–3576, 1993Google Scholar
- 9.Kagei N: Infection and prevention in anisakiasis. Kagakuasahi 8:97–103, 1968Google Scholar
- 10.Sato I: Clinical study of gastric anisakiasis. Akita J Med 19:503–510, 1992Google Scholar
- 11.Suzuki T, Shiraki K, Sekino S, Otsuru M, Ishikura H: Studies on immunological diagnosis of anisakiasis. III. Intradermal test with purified antigen (English abstract). Jpn J Parasitol 19:1–9, 1970Google Scholar
- 12.Maeno H, Yasue M, Kojima H, Hirai T, Sakamoto J, Yasui K, Yamamura Y, Kato T, Kito T, Miyaishi S, Nakazato H: A case of gastric anisakiasis preoperatively suspected to be gastric cancer. Jpn J Gastroenterol Surg 24(3):861–865, 1991Google Scholar
- 13.Ohmori H, Kimoto K, Kibayashi H, Kurihara M, Okajima K: A case of gastric anisakiasis showing interesting findings. Stomach Intestine 14(7):977–981, 1979Google Scholar
- 16.Iwasaki K, Torisu M: Immunological profiles of anisakiasis—A new concept on the pathogenesis of eosinophilic granuloma. Saishin-igaku 37(6):1179–1185, 1982Google Scholar
- 17.Kawamura T, Ishimori A: Ageing and gastric secretion. Jpn J Clin Pathol 37(6):614–619, 1989Google Scholar
- 18.Asahi H, Abe T, Ohmori H, Nishinari N, Itoh H, Matsuno S, Saito K, Oikawa K: Changes of intragastric pH in cases following various types of gastrectomy. J Smooth Muscle Res 27(4):187–189, 1991Google Scholar
- 19.Bier JW: Experimental anisakiasis: Cultivation and temperature tolerance determinations. J Milk Food Technol 39(2):132–137, 1976Google Scholar