Formulation of a stable p-acetylaminohippurate infusion fluid and determination of the serum concentrations
- 13 Downloads
An infusion fluid withp-acetylaminohippurate (PACAH) was formulated and a method for analysis of PACAH in serum, urine and infusion fluid based on reversed phase HPLC was developed. No significant degradation could be observed after steam sterilization for twenty minutes at 120‡C. From the results of an investigation of the degradation rate at elevated temperatures a negligible loss of content during storage for three years at 20‡C could be predicted. Steady state serum concentrations of PACAH after constant infusion were determined.
KeywordsPublic Health Internal Medicine Steady State Elevated Temperature Serum Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brenner BM, Ichikawa I, Deen WM. Glomerular filtration. In: Brenner BM, Rector FC, eds. The Kidney. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Company, 1981:308–9.Google Scholar
- 2.Irish JM, Grantham JJ. Renal handling of organic anions and cations. In: Brenner BM, Rector FC, eds. The Kidney. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Company, 1981:622–7.Google Scholar
- 5.Newman E, Kattus A, Genecin A, Genst J, Calkins E, Murphy J. Observations on the clearance method of determining renal plasma flow with diodrast,para-aminohippuric acid (PAH) and para-acetylaminohippuric acid (PACA). Bull Johns Hopkins Hosp 1949;84:135–68.Google Scholar
- 7.Weast RC, Selby SM, eds. Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. 47th ed. Cleveland: Chemical Rubber Co., 1966:A-244.Google Scholar
- 8.Grimm W, Schepky G. Stabilitätsprüfung in der Pharmazie. Aulendorf: Editio Cantor, 1980.Google Scholar