Fractional-order diffusion-wave equation
- 360 Downloads
The fractional-order diffusion-wave equation is an evolution equation of order α ε (0, 2] which continues to the diffusion equation when α → 1 and to the wave equation when α → 2. We prove some properties of its solution and give some examples. We define a new fractional calculus (negative-direction fractional calculus) and study some of its properties. We study the existence, uniqueness, and properties of the solution of the negative-direction fractional diffusion-wave problem.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- El-Sayed, A. M. A. (1992). On the fractional differential equations,Applied Mathematics and Computation.49(2–3), 205–213.Google Scholar
- El-Sayed, A. M. A. (1993). Linear differential equations of fractional orders,Applied Mathematics and Computation,55, 1–12.Google Scholar
- El-Sayed, A. M. A. (1995). Fractional order evolution equations,Journal of Fractional Calculus,7(May), to appear.Google Scholar
- El-Sayed, A. M. A., and Ibrahime, A. G. (n.d.). Multivalued fractional differential equation,Applied Mathematics and Computation, to appear.Google Scholar
- Gelfand, I. M., and Shilove, G. E. (1958).Generalized Functions, Vol. 1. Moscow.Google Scholar
- Mainardi, F. (1994). On the initial value problem for the fractional diffusion-wave equation, inProceedings VII WASCOM, Bologna 4–7 October 1993, S. Rionero and T. A. Ruggeri, eds., World Scientific, Singapore, in press.Google Scholar
- Schnrider, W. R., and Wyss, W. (1989). Fractional diffusion and wave equations,Journal of Mathematical Physics,30.Google Scholar
- Wyss, W. (1986). Fractional diffusion equation,Journal of Mathematical Physics,27.Google Scholar