Prostatic carcinoma in Nigeria
- 15 Downloads
A ten-year retrospective study is presented of the clinico-pathological features and assessment of therapeutic measures adopted in 121 cases of prostatic carcinoma in a developing country without facilities for radiotherapy. Based on this a therapeutic regimen is suggested.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yeboah, E. D., Quartely, J. K. M.: Low dosage stilboestrol in the management of carcinoma of the prostate.Ghana M. J. 16, 13 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Jackson, M. A. et al.: Characterization of Prostatic Carcinoma Among Blacks. 73rd Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Steiner, P.: Cancer Race and Geography. Williams & Wiilkins Co., Baltimore, 1954.Google Scholar
- 4.United States Public Health Monograph No. 56, 1959.Google Scholar
- 5.Barnes, R. W.: Carcinoma of the prostate: a comparative study of modes of treatment.J. Urol., 44, 169 (1940).Google Scholar
- 6.The Veterans Administration Co-operative Urological Research Group: The treatment and survival of patients with cancer of the prostate.Surg. Gynaec. Obstet. 124, 1011 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.Nesbit and Baum: Serum phosphatase determinations in diagnosis of prostatic cancer: a review of 1150 cases.J. A. M. A., 145, 1321 (1951).Google Scholar
- 8.Blackard, C. E. et al.: Incidence of cardiovascular disease and death in patients receiving diethyl-stilboestrol for carcinoma of the prostate.Cancer, 26, 249 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.Barnes, R. W et al.: Early prostatic cancer—long-term results with conservative treatment.J. Urol.,102, 88 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.Giltestein, V. A.: Cancer of the prostate gland. Results of early diagnosis and therapy undertaken for cure of the disease.J. A. M. A., 215, 81 (1971).Google Scholar