Competitive hydrogenations over a ruthenium catalyst
- 31 Downloads
Hydrogenations of three individual substrates (α-methylstyrene, benzaldehyde, cyclohexanone) were carried out on a ruthenium catalyst. On the basis of these results, selectivities of competitive hydrogenations of α-methylstyrene-benzaldehyde, benzaldehyde-cyclohexanone and α-methylstyrene-cyclohexanone binary mixtures were evaluated. It was shown that the reactivity of individual substrates could be substantially different when hydrogenated competitively with another compound in a binary system.
KeywordsCompetitive hydrogenation ruthenium catalysts hydrogenation of binary mixtures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Kluson, L. Cerveny:Appl. Catal.,128, 13 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.Ch. Minot, P. Gallezot:J. Catal.,123, 341 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Cerveny, V. Heral, A. Marhoul, V. Ruzicka:Chem. Listy,68, 1286 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Cerveny, V. Ruzicka:Catal. Rev.-Sci. Eng.,24, 503 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.C.H.P. Rader, H.A. Smith:J. Am. Chem. Soc.,84, 1443 (1982).Google Scholar