Determination of mercury in head hair of Brazilian populational groups by neutron activation analysis
- 40 Downloads
In the present work, determination of mercury in the head hair of populational groups living near a heavily industrialized region in São Paulo and of Indians living in the Xingu park in the Amazonic region, was carried out by instrumental neutron activation analysis. A control group of people with no suspicion of contamination by mercury was also studied. The range of mercury concentrations found up to now were: for the control group from 0.26 to 02.5 ppm; for the Indians from 6.9 to 34 ppm, and for the industrialized region inhabitants: from 0.30 to 3.0 ppm.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Mercury Inorganic Chemistry Activation Analysis Neutron Activation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. KRISHNAN, E. CORTES, V. CASSORLA, L. MUNOZ, N. GRAS, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 93 (1985) 327.Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. LIN, C. H. CHIANG, C. L. TSENG, M. H. YANG, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters 56 (1982) 261.Google Scholar
- 5.H. AL-SHAHRISTANI, I. K. AL-HADDAD, J. Radioanal. Chem., 15 (1973) 59.Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. CAMARA, R. C. CAMPOS, M. A. PEREZ, A. T. TAMBELINI, Cadernos de Saúde Pública, R. J., 2 (1986) No. 3, 349.Google Scholar
- 8.F. M. CARVALHO, T. TAVARES, G. M. MENEZES, Ciéncia e Cultura, 37 (1985) No. 12, 2063.Google Scholar
- 9.Proposta para un Programa de Saúde, Actividades da Escola Paulista de Medicina no Parque Indígena do Xingu, em colaboração com a Fundação Nacional do Índio (FUNAI), Ministério da Educação, Fscola Paulista de Medicina, São Paulo, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Reference Methods for Marine Polloution Studies, Number 46 (draft), October 1987.Google Scholar
- 12.A. CHATT, S. A. KATZ, VCH Publishers, Inc., Hair Analysis—Applications in the Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, New York, 1988, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 13.B. MAZZILLI, C. J. S. MUNITA, Ciéncia e Cultura, 38 (1985) No. 3, 522.Google Scholar