New method for90Sr determination in liquid samples
- 92 Downloads
A method has been developed for measuring90Sr activity in liquid samples. After concentrating strontium from the sample by coprecipitation with calcium phosphate, the residue is dissolved in 8N HNO3 and passed through an extraction chromatographic column (Sr.Spec) containing a new material that selectively retains strontium. This is eluted from the column with 0.05N HNO3 and counted by liquid scintillation. Measurement is performed using a double window method, that allows a rapid and single determination of90Sr.
KeywordsCalcium Phosphate Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry HNO3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. F. HILLEBRAND, G. E. F. LUNDELL, H. A. BRIGHT, J. I. HOFFMAN, Appl. Inorg. Anal., 2nd ed., Wiley, New York, 1953.Google Scholar
- 2.N. H. FURMAN, Scott's Standard Methods of Chemical Analysis, Van Nostrand, New York, 1939.Google Scholar
- 4.H. L. VOLCHOCK, G. DEPLANQUE, EML Procedure Manual, 26th ed., HASL-300, Environmental Measurement Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. HORWITZ, M. L. DIETZ, D. E. FISHER, Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 8 (1990) 199.Google Scholar
- 7.E. P. HORWITZ, M. L. DIETZ, D. E. FISHER, Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 8 (1990) 557.Google Scholar
- 11.ICRP-54, Individual Monitoring for Intakes of Radionuclides by Workers: Design and Interpretation, Annals of ICRP, Vol. 19, No. 1-3, 1988.Google Scholar