Mechanism of the solvent extraction of pertechnetate with tetraphenylarsonium chloride
- 55 Downloads
Based on the fundamental parameters governing the distribution equilibrium of tetraphenylarsonium chloride (TPAC) between then-hexane-chloroform and aqueous solutions, the extraction mechanism of pertechnetate with TPAC has been systematically investigated. By the analysis of a relation of the distribution ratio of pertechnetate and the hydrogen ion concentration, the dissociation constant of pertechnetic acid was determined to beKa=2.09±0.18 at 25 °C.
KeywordsHydrogen Chloride Physical Chemistry Aqueous Solution Inorganic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. OMORI, Y. MURAOKA, H. SUGANUMA, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 178 (1994) 237.Google Scholar
- 2.C. L. RULFS, R. F. HIRSCH, R. A. PACER, Nature, 199 (1963) 66.Google Scholar
- 3.K. H. LIESER, R. N. SINGH, Radiochim. Acta, 32 (1983) 203.Google Scholar
- 4.M. KAWASAKI, T. OMORI, K. HASEGAWA, Radiochim. Acta, 63 (1993) 53.Google Scholar
- 5.J. S. FOCK, Z. HUGUS, E. B. SANDELL, Anal. Chim. Acta, 48 (1969) 243.Google Scholar
- 6.R. N. SINGH, A. KRÜGER, K. H. LIESER, Radiochim. Acta, 26 (1979) 197.Google Scholar
- 7.N. BAILEY, A. CARRINGTON, K. A. K. LOTT, M. C. R. SYMONS, J. Chem. Soc., (1960) 290.Google Scholar