Septic polyarthritis due to bacteroides fragilis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis
- 14 Downloads
A case of septic polyarthritis is described in a patient with severe RA who had not received steroid therapy. The organism involved, bacteroides fragilis, was sensitive to metronidazole.
Key wordsRheumatoid Arthritis Septic Polyarthritis Bacteroides Fragilis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Leading Article: Septic arthritis in rheumatoid disease. Br Med J, 1976, ii, 1089–1090.Google Scholar
- 2.Mitchel, W.A., Brooks, P.M., Stevenson, R.D. Septic arthritis in patients with rheumatoid disease, a still underdiagnosed complication. J Rheumatol, 1976, 3, 124–133.Google Scholar
- 3.Russel, A.S., Ansell, B.M. Septic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis, 1972, 31, 40–44.Google Scholar
- 4.Fitzgerald, R.H., Rosenblatt, J.E., Tenney, J.A. Anaerobic septic arthritis, 18th Interscience Conference on anti-microbial agents and chemotherapy, Atlanta, Georgia, Oct. 1978, Abs. 364.Google Scholar
- 5.Dodd, M.J., Griffiths, L.D., Freeman R. Pyogenic arthritis due to bacteroides complicating rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis, 1982, 41, 248–249.Google Scholar
- 6.Hart, C.A., Godfrey, V.M. Woodrow, J.C., Percival A. Septic arthritis due to bacyeroides fragilis in a wrist affected by rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis, 1982, 41, 623–624.Google Scholar
- 7.Zimet, I., Davis, A., Finegold, S.M. Joint infection by anaerobic bacteria: a case report and review of the literature. Arthritis Rheum, 1969, 12, 627–635.Google Scholar
- 8.Ryden, A., Schwan, A., Agell, B. A case of septic arthritis in multiple joints due to bacteroides fragilis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. Acta Orthop Scand, 1978, 49, 98–101.Google Scholar
- 9.Schorn, D., Pretonius, J.A. Septic polyarthritis due to bacteroides fragilis in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. S Afr Med J, 1982, 62, 213–214.Google Scholar
- 10.Brook, I., Rezza, M.J., Bricknell, K.S., Bluestone, R., Finegold, S.M. Abnormalities in synovial fluid of patients with septic arthritis detected by gas-liquid chromatography. Ann Rheum Dis, 1980, 39, 168–172.Google Scholar