Joint fluid leukocytosis of patient with rheumatoid arthritis computer analysis of possible explanative factors
- 16 Downloads
The relationship between joint fluid leukocytosis and some clinical and laboratory parameters (disease duration, ESR, maximal titres of rheumatoid factor and of antinuclear factors, blood leukocytosis and sex) was studied in 27 consecutive patients with seropositive rheumatoid arthritis. The concentration of leukocytes was significantly higher in the synovial fluid than in peripheral blood. Variations of joint fluid leukocytosis could, however, not be explained by disease duration, actual ESR, maximal rheumatoid factor or antinuclear factor titres, concentration of blood leukocytes, or sex. It is suggested that a possible correlation between joint fluid leukocytosis and the listed parameters of rheumatoid arthritis may be too complex for analysis by a linear multiple regression model in samples of the present size.
Key wordsRheumatoid Arthritis Synovial Fluid Leukocytosis Blood Leukocytosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Siegel, S. Nonparametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1956.Google Scholar
- 4.Snedecor, G.W., Cochran, W.G. Statistical methods. Ames: Iowa State University Press, 1967.Google Scholar
- 6.Bäck, O., Bandmann, U., Norberg, B., Söderström, U.-B. Direct chemotaxis and leucocyteinduced chemotaxis of polymorphonuclear leucocytes. Significance of complement, incubation time and chemotactic parameters in filter chamber assays. Scand. J. Haematol. 1978, 20, 108–116.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Rydgren, L., Simmingsköld, G., Bandmann, U., Norberg, B. The role of cytoplasmic microtubules in polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotaxis. Evidence for the release hypothesis by means of timelapse analysis of PMN movement relative to dotlike attractants. Exp. Cell Res. 1976, 99, 207–220.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 12.Nilsson, F., Norberg, B., Frederiksen, B., Eriksson, S. The role of the MA-sensitive leukocyte chemotaxis in rheumatoid arthritis. A randomized double-blind clinical trial of griseofulvin treatment. Scand. J. Rheumatol. 1983, 12, in press.Google Scholar