Effect of excess iodine supplement on serum total proteins, electrophoretic patterns and body weight of Fayoumi chickens
- 31 Downloads
Total proteins and their major fractions were determined in the serum of 135 males and females of Fayoumi chickens, 65 were used as controls and 70 were treated with excess iodine in the form of KI.
Serum proteins increased significantly with the increase in age till the 90th day in normals, then decreased gradually. Excess iodine supplement decreased body weight, serum total proteins, α2- and β-globulins in most of males, while in females the decrease was pronounced till the 90 days old.
Albumin increased in females than in males in normals, while in the treated groups it decreased in all females and in some of males. A/G ratio decreased with maturation in normals, but in the treated groups it increased in males and decreased in most of females than those of controls.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Al-Zujajy, R. J., Iraqi J. Agric. Sci.2, 24 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.Arlington, L. R., R. A. Santa Cruz, R. H. Harms, H. R. Wilson, J. Nutrition92, 325 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.Brandt, L. W., R. E. Clegg, A. G. Andrews, J. Biol. Chem.191, 105 (1951).Google Scholar
- 5.El-Hawary, M. F., A. M. Ibrahim, J. Egypt. Med. Ass.51, 9 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.Emara, S. H., M. M. Fat-Hala, M. A. Omar. Under publication.Google Scholar
- 8.Herrtch, E. H., C. H. Lochart, E. A. Martn, W. L. Nusser. Science,57, 483 (1954).Google Scholar
- 10.Kamar, G. A. R., H. A. M. Al-Mula Hasan, H. M. Ali, Egypt. J. Animal Prod.15 (2), 173 (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.King, E. J., I. D. P. Wooton, Microanalysis in medical biochemistry, 3rd ed. (London 1959).Google Scholar
- 13.National Research Council, Nutrient Requirements of Poultry, 6th ed. National Academy of Sciences (Washington 1971).Google Scholar
- 17.Roepke, R. R., L. D. Bushnell, J. Immunol.30, 109 (1936).Google Scholar
- 20.Wilgus, H. S., Jr., F. X. Gassner, A. R. Patton, G. S. Harshfield, Colorado Agri. Exp. Sta. Tech. Bull.49, 1953.Google Scholar