A branch bound method for subset sum problem
- 79 Downloads
This paper indicates the possible difficulties for applying the interior point method to NP-complete problems, transforms an NP-complete problem into a nonconvex quadratic program and then develops some convexity theories for it. Lastly it proposes an algorithm which uses Karmarkar's algorithm as a subroutine. The finite convergence of this algorithm is also proved.
Key wordsSubset sum problem nonconvex quadratic program convex envelope interior point method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Karmarkar. An Interior Point Approach to NP-Complete Problems (Extended Abstract). AT & T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, New Jersey 07974.Google Scholar
- M.R. Garey and D.S. Johnson. Computers and Intractability. A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness, Freeman, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- R.T. Rockafellar. Convex Analysis. Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J. 1969.Google Scholar
- Martin Grötschel, Lázló Lovász and Alexander Schrijver. Geometric Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization. Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- M. Padberg and G. Rinaldi. A Branch and Cut Algorithm for the Resolution of Large Scale Symmetric Traveling Salesman Problems. Ecole Polytechnique, Laboratoire d'Econométrie, No. 319, 1989.Google Scholar
- D.F. Shanno and Ansuman Bagchi. An Unified View of Interior Point Methods for Linear Programming. Rutcor, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ08903, 1988.Google Scholar