The circadian rhythm of rat liverβ-glucuronidase has been studied in animals kept under highly standardized laboratory condition. A clear 24 h rhythm has been observed for this enzyme with a peak activity at 01.00 h and a trough at 13.00 h.
KeywordsEnzyme Laboratory Condition Circadian Rhythm Standardize Laboratory Peak Activity
- 2.R. Bhattacharya and H. von Mayersbach, Acta histochem. suppl.16, 109 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Bhattacharya, Nova Acta Leopoldina46, 171 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.W.H. Fishman, Adv. Enzymol.16, 361 (1955).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Surowiak, Folia biol.17, 105 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.A.B. Novikoff, The Cell, p. 424 Ed. J. Brachet and A.E. Mirski. Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar