Cellular distribution of dexamethasone in rabbit spleen and lymph nodes
- 20 Downloads
The binding of tritiated dexamethasone by rabbit spleen and lymph nodes was studiedin vivo by dry radioautography. The labeled glucocorticoid was found in the surface and cytoplasm of eosinophil leukocytes and in the nuclei of reticular cells, plasmocytes, endothelial cells and macrophages, but not in lymphocytes, lymphoblasts or plasmoblasts. Additional administration of excess of excess of non-radioactive dexamethasone suppressed this labeling. The findings are discussed in relation to the mechanism of action of glucocorticoids in lymphoid organs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Niederer,Immunoendokrinologie, Schwiez. med. Wschr.104, 841–847 (1974).Google Scholar
- J.W. Funder andJ.W. Barlow,Heterogeneity of glucocorticoid receptors, Circulation Res.46 Suppl. I, I-83–I-87 (1980).Google Scholar
- J.D. Baxter, G.G. Rosseau, M.C. Benson, R.L. Garcea, J. Ito andG.M. Tomkins,Role of DNA and specific cytoplasmic receptors in glucocorticoid action, Proc. natn. Acad. Sci. USA69, 1892–1896 (1972).Google Scholar
- B.D. Schaumburg andE. Bojesen,Specificity and thermodynamic properties of the corticosteroid binding to a receptor of rat thymocytes in vitro, Biochim. biophys. Acta171, 172–188 (1968).Google Scholar
- W.E. Stumpf andL.J. Roth,High resolution autoradiography with dry mounted, freeze-dried frozen sections. Comparative study of six methods using two diffusible compounds:3 H-estradiol and 3 H-mesobilirubinogen, J. Histochem. Cytochem.14: 274–287 (1966).Google Scholar
- V. Heusermann, L. Schroeder, K.H. Zurborn andH.J. Stutte, Structure and function of stroma cells in lymphoid tissues. InLymphoproliferative Diseases of the Skin, pp. 25–33 (EdsM. Goos andE. Christophers). Springer-Verlag Berlin 1982.Google Scholar
- M.A. Castrillón, N. Sabag andA.N. Tchernitchin,Effect of splenectomy in cortisol-induced lymphoid tissue eosinophilia, IRCS Med. Sci.8, 467 (1980).Google Scholar