Cyclosporin A: correlation between HPLC and RIA serum levels
- 26 Downloads
Serum levels of cyclosporin A were analysed in parallel with anhplc and aria method for six patients who received repeated intramuscular and oral doses of this immunosuppressive drug after bone marrow transplantation. A good correlation was found between both methods with a similar time course of the serum curves. Due to cross-reacting metabolites, the values from theria assay were on average 30 to 100% higher than with thehplc assay which is specific for the parent drug.
KeywordsPublic Health Bone Marrow Internal Medicine Serum Level Cyclosporin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abisch, E., andM. Trapp (1980)Cyclosporin A, a RIA kit to monitor plasma and serum concentrations. Internal report, December 15, Sandoz Ltd.Google Scholar
- Beveridge, T., A., Gratwohl, F. Michot, W. Niederberger, E. Nüesch, K. Nussbaumer, P. Schaub andB. Speck (1981)Current Therap. Research 30, 5.Google Scholar
- Hows, J., R. Harris, S. Palmer andE.C. Gordon-Smith (1981)Brit. J. Haematol. 48, 227.Google Scholar
- Lawrence, R., andM.C. Allwood (1980)J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 32 (Suppl.), 100P.Google Scholar
- Niederberger, W., P. Schaub andT. Beveridge (1980)J. Chromatog. 182, 454.Google Scholar
- Speck, B., A. Gratwohl, C. Nissen, D. Ruggero, P. Cornu, B. Osterwalder, H. Burri andM. Jeannet. (1981) In:Experimental Haematology Today (Baum, S.J., andG.D. Ledney, Eds.). Springer-Verlag, New York, 117.Google Scholar