Insecticidal effect of trans-2-nonenal, a constituent of carrot root
- 23 Downloads
Vapour of trans-2-nonenal killed the carrot fly larva,Psila rosae, with an LC50 of 2.17 mg/24h. The aldehyde was identified in the essential oil of carrot in concentrations of up to 40 μg/root.
KeywordsAldehyde Carrot Root Insecticidal Effect
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 3.R. H. Whittaker and P. P. Feeny, Science171, 757 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Elliott, Sci. Jl3, 61 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.R. G. Buttery, R. M. Seifert, D. G. Guadagni, D. R. Black and L. C. Ling, J. agr. Fd Chem.16, 1009 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.D. M. Alabram, H. R. Moskowitz and A. F. Mabrouk, J. agr. Fd Chem.23, 229 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.W. R. Tschinkel, J. Insect Physiol.21, 659 (1975).Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1980