Analysis of some antispasmodic drugs: oxyphencyclimine and glycopyrronium bromide
- 48 Downloads
Oxyphencyclimine hydrochloride (via its tertiary amine group) and glycopyrronium bromide (via its quaternary ammonium group) were analysed by two different colorimetric methods. The first method depends on the dye-salt formation method using tropeolin ooo as the anionic dye and 1,2-dichloroethane as solvent for the extraction of the formed ion pairs. The coloured ion pairs have maximum absorption at 483–486 nm. The second method is based on the use of citric acid-acetic anhydride reagent. The coloured complex has maximum absorption at 562–565 nm.
Key wordsAnalysis, quantitative Colorimetry Glycopyrronium bromide Oxyphencyclimine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrezej M. Polarographic determination of oxyphencyclimine. Acta Pol Pharm 1967;24(3):8.Google Scholar
- 2.Kracmar J, Alvarez SM, Kracmarova J, Morska E, Petranova J, Moravcova B. Ultraviolet spectrophotometry in drug control. Study on the effect of substitution and solvents in more recent medicinal substances with the chromophores of benzene rings in the molecules. Cez-Pharm 1976;25(7):243–57.Google Scholar
- 3.Marozzi E, Gambaro V, Lodi E, Parioli A. Generic systematic chemical toxicological research in forensic toxicology. Part 1. Considerations of the gas chromatographic analysis method in generic chemical toxicology. Farmaco [Prat] 1976;31(4):180–211.Google Scholar
- 4.Hackett LP, Dusci LJ. The use of buffered celite columns in drug extraction techniques and their proposed applications in forensic toxicology. J Forensic Sci 1978;22(2):376–82.Google Scholar
- 5.Kracmar J, Alvarez SM, Kracmarova J, Remsova M, Horska J. Ultraviolet spectrophotometry in drug control: Part 18. New drugs with substituted benzene nuclei. Pharmazie 1976;31(6):1363–7.Google Scholar
- 6.Takko P, Aneri P, Lars A. NMR analysis of the diastereomers of glycopyrronium bromide. Fenn Chem Lett 1975;(3–4):94–6.Google Scholar
- 8.National Formulary. XIV ed. Washington: American Pharmaceutical Association. 1975:305,306.Google Scholar
- 9.United States Pharmacopeia XX. Easton: Mack Publishing Co., 1980:576.Google Scholar
- 10.Palumbo M. Applicazione della reazione cromatica fra anidride cis-aconitica e amine terziarie al riconoscimento di sostanze di interesse farmaceutico. Farmaco 1948;6:675.Google Scholar