Features of the gier algol 4 system
A brief survey is given of the new features included in the Gier Algol 4 compiler system, as compared with its predecessors. As background the more recent additions to the hardware of the machine are described. The new features primarily aim at a more effective use of the existing machine facilities, including optional facilities existing only in some installations.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Recent Addition Compiler System Optional Facility Machine Facility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A Manual of Gier Algol 4 (ed. P. Naur), A/S Regnecentralen, Copenhagen, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.Naur, P.,The Design of the Gier Algol Compiler, BIT 3 (1963), 124–140 and 145–166; also in Annual Review in Automatic Programming 4 (ed. R. Goodman), Pergamon Press 1964; for a translation into Russian, see Sovremennoye Programmirovanie, Izdatelstvo “Sovyetskoye Radio”, Moskva 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.Naur, P.,The Performance of a System for Automatic Segmentation of Programs within an Algol compiler (Gier Algol), Comm. ACM 8 (1965), 671–677.Google Scholar
- 4.Hoare, C. A. R.,Case expressions, Algol Bulletin 18 (1964), 20–22.Google Scholar
- 6.Naur, P.,Machine Dependent Programming in Common Languages, BIT 7 (1967), 123–131.Google Scholar