Multivariate Padé approximants revisited
- 53 Downloads
Several definitions of multivariate Padé approximants have been introduced during the last decade. We will here consider all types of definitions based on the choice that the coefficients in numerator and denominator of the multivariate Padé approximant are defined by means of a linear system of equations. In this case a determinant representation for the multivariate Padé approximant exists. We will show that a general recursive algorithm can be formulated to compute a multivariate Padé approximant given by any definition of this type. Here intermediate results in the recursive computation scheme will also be multivariate Padé approximants. Up to now such a recursive computation of multivariate Padé approximants only seemed possible in some special cases.
AMS classification code41 A 21
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Brezinski,A general extrapolation algorithm, Publication ANO 9, Université de Lille, 1979.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Chisholm,N-variable rational approximants. In , 23–42.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Cuyt,Multivariate Padé approximants, Journ. Math. Anal. Appl. 96 (1), 1983, 238–293.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Cuyt,Padé approximants for operators: theory and applications, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1065, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Graves Morris, R. Hughes Jones and G. Makinson,The calculation of some rational approximants in two variables, Journ. Inst. Math. Appl. 13, 1974, 311–320.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Karlsson and H. Wallin,Rational approximation by an interpolation procedure in several variables. In , 83–100.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Levin,General order Padé-type rational approximants defined from double power series, Journ. Inst. Math. Appl. 18, 1976, 1–8.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Levin,On accelerating the convergence of infinite double series and integrals, Math. Comp. 35, 1980, 1331–1345.Google Scholar
- 12.C. Lutterodt,A two-dimensional analogue of Padé approximant theory, Journ. Phys. A 7, 1974, 1027–1037.Google Scholar
- 14.E. Saff and R. Varga,Padé and Rational Approximations: Theory and Applications, Academic Press, London, 1977.Google Scholar