A very rapidly convergent product expansion for π
- 35 Downloads
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Convergent Product
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. M. Borwein and P. B. Borwein,The arithmetic-geometric mean and fast computation of elementary functions, preprint.Google Scholar
- 2.R. P. Brent,Fast multiple-precision evaluation of elementary functions, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 23 (1976), 242–251.Google Scholar
- 3.K. F. Gauss,Werke, Bd. 3, Göttingen (1866), 361–403.Google Scholar
- 4.L. V. King,On the Direct Numerical Calculation of Elliptic Functions and Integrals, Cambridge Univ. Press (1924).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Newman,Rational Approximation Versus Fast Computer Methods, inLectures on Approximation and Value Distribution, Presses de l'Université de Montréal (1982), 149–174.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Salamin,Computation of π using arithmetic-geometric mean, Math. Comput. 135 (1976), 565–570.Google Scholar
© BIT Foundations 1983