Some comments on the solution of linear equations
Homogeneous, ill-conditioned and singular linear equations are considered and some methods for their solution are described.
KeywordsLinear Equation Computational Mathematic Singular Linear Equation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Å. Björck,Solving Linear Least Squares Problems by Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization, BIT, 7 (1967), pp. 1–21.Google Scholar
- 3.Å. Björck and G. H. Golub,Iterative Refinement of Linear Least Squares Solutions by Householder Transformations, BIT 7 (1967), pp. 322–337.Google Scholar
- 4.Å. Björck,Iterative Refinement of Linear Least Squares Solutions II, BIT 8 (1968), pp. 8–30.Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Faddeeva,Shift for Systems With Badly Posed Matrices, Zh. Vych. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 5 (1965), pp. 907–911.Google Scholar
- 6.G. E. Forsythe and C. B. Moler,Computer Solution of Linear Algebraic Systems, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J. (1967), p. 10.Google Scholar
- 8.J. B. Hawkins and A. Ben Israel,On Generalized Matrix Functions, System Research Memorandum, No. 193, The Technological Inst. Northwestern Univ. Jan. 1968.Google Scholar
- 10.V. C. Kuznecov,Solution of a System of Linear Equations, Zh. Vych. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 7 (1967), pp. 157–160.Google Scholar
- 11.K. Levenberg,A Method for the Solution of Certain Non-Linear Problems in Least Squares, Quart. of Appl. Mat., 2 (1944), pp. 164–168.Google Scholar
- 13.R. Penrose,On Best Approximate Solutions of Linear Matrix Equations, Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc., 52 (1956), pp. 17–19.Google Scholar
- 15.J. D. Riley,Solving Systems of Linear Equations with a Positive Definite, Symmetric, but Possibly Ill-Conditioned Matrix, MTAC, 9 (1956), pp. 96–101.Google Scholar
- 16.J. B. Rosen,Minimum and Basic Solutions to Singular Linear Systems, SIAM J., 12 (1964), pp. 156–162.Google Scholar
- 18.R. P. Tewarson,On The Orthonormalization of Sparse Vectors, Computing (1968), (to Appear).Google Scholar
- 19.J. H. Wilkinson,The Algebraic Eigenvalue Problem, London, Oxford University Press (1965), p. 152, 245.Google Scholar
© BIT Foundations 1969