Effects of magnetic field on inflammation
The effects of a 50 Hz magnetic field on experimentally-induced inflammation in rats were studied. Carrageenan edema was inhibited significantly by exposure to magnetic field for 3 h. Adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats was also suppressed by the magnetic field.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Arthritis Carrageenan Edema
- 1.M. F. Barnothy,Biological Effects of Magnetic Fields (Plenum Press, New York, London 1969), vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Pressman,Electromagnetic Fields and Life (Plenum Press, New York, London 1970).Google Scholar
- 3.C. G. Van Arman, J. Pharm. exp. Ther.150, 328 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Likhachev,Biological Effects of Magnetic Fields (Plenum Press, New York, London 1969), vol. 2, p. 137.Google Scholar
- 5.I. L. Degen, Orotop, Travm. Protez.11, 47 (1970).Google Scholar