Sobolev-Gagliardo-Nirenberg and Markov type inequalities on subanalytic domains
- 169 Downloads
Desingularization and anL p -version of Glaeser-type estimates. In fact we obtain a bounds<-2d+1, whered is the maximal order of vanishing of the jacobian of the desingularization map of the domain.
Interpolation type inequalities for norms of functions and Bernstein-Markov type inequalities for multivariate polynomials (classical analysis).
Geometric criteria for the validity of local Markov inequalities (local analysis of the singularities of domains).
Multivariate Approximation Theory.
Thus our approach brings together the calculus of Glaeser-type estimates from differential analysis, the algebra of desingularization, the geometry of Markov type inequalities and the analysis of Sobolev-Nirenberg type estimates. Our exposition takes into account this interdisciplinary nature of the methods we exploit and is almost entirely self-contained. /lt>
KeywordsType Inequality Local Form Maximal Order Type Estimate Supremum Norm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [A]R.A. Adams, Sobolev Spaces, Academic Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- [B]E. Bierstone, Extension of Whitney fields from subanalytic sets, Invent. Math. 46 (1978), 277–300.Google Scholar
- [BMi1]E. Bierstone, P.D. Milman, Semianalytic and subanalytic sets, IHES Publ. Math. 67, (1988), 5–42.Google Scholar
- [BMi2]E. Bierstone, P.D. Milman, A simple constructive proof of canonical resolution of singularities. in “Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry”, Progress in Math. 94, Birkhauser, Boston (1991), 11–30.Google Scholar
- [BoMi1]L.P. Bos, P.D. Milman, The equivalence of the usual and quotient topologies forC ∞ (E) whenE⊂ℝn is Whitney p-regular, in “Approximation Theory, Spline Functions and Applications” (S.P. Singh, ed.), Kluwer Academic Publishers (1992), 279–292.Google Scholar
- [BoMi2]L.P. Bos, P.D. Milman, On Markov and Sobolev type inequalities on compact subsets in ℝn, in “Topics in Polynomials in One and Several Variables and their Applications” (Th. Rassian et al. eds.), World Scientific, Singapore (1992), 81–100.Google Scholar
- [BoMi3]L. Bos, P. Milman, The equivalence of Markov and Sobolev type inequalities on compact sets in ℝn, preprint 1991.Google Scholar
- [C]H. Cartan, Sur les classes de fonctions definies par des ineqalites portant sur les derivees successives, in “Collected Works of H. Cartan” published by Springer-Verlag, vol. 3 (1979), 991–1019.Google Scholar
- [G]G. Glaeser, Fonctions composées différentiables, Annals of Math. 77:1 (1963), 193–209.Google Scholar
- [Go]P. Goetgheluck, Markov's inequality on locally Lipschitzian compact subsets of ℝn inL p-spaces. J. of Approx. Theory 49 (1987), 303–310.Google Scholar
- [JSW]A. Jonsson, P. Sjogren, H. Wallin, Hardy and Lipschitz spaces on subsets of ℝn, Studia Math. LXXX (1984), 141–166.Google Scholar
- [M]V.G. Mazia, Sobolev Spaces, Springer, 1985.Google Scholar
- [N]S.M. Nikolskii, Approximation of Functions in Several Variables and Embedding Theorems, Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 1975.Google Scholar
- [P]A. Parusinksi, Lipschitz stratification of subanalytic sets, Ann. scient. Ec. Norm. Sup., 4e serie, t. 27, (1994), 661–696.Google Scholar
- [PaPl1]W. Pawlucki, W. Plesniak, Markov's inequality andC ∞ functions on sets with polynomial cusps, Math. Ann. 275 (1986), 467–480.Google Scholar
- [PaPl2]W. Pawlucki, W. Plesniak, Extension ofC ∞ functions from sets with polynomial cusps, Studia Math. LXXXVIII (1988), 279–288.Google Scholar
- [Pl]W. Plesniak, Markov's inequality and the existence of an extension operator forC ∞ functions, J. Approx. Theory 61 (1990), 106–117.Google Scholar
- [PlSk]W. Plesniak, A. Skiba, Polynomial approximation and linear extension operators for Gevrey classes of functions on compact sets, Pub. IRMA, Lille, 21:IV (1990), 2–11.Google Scholar
- [R]D.L. Ragozin, Constructive polynomial approximation on spheres and projective spaces, Trans. AMS 162 (1971), 157–170.Google Scholar
- [Ri]T.J. Rivlin, The Chebyshev Polynomials, Wiley, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- [Ru]R.S. Rumely, Capacity Theory on Algebraic Curves, LNM 1378, Springer Verlag, New York, 1989.Google Scholar
- [So]J. Sotomayor, Inversion of smooth mappings, J. of Applied Math. and Physics 41 (1990), 306–310.Google Scholar
- [St]E. Stein Singular integrals and differentiability properties of functions, Princeton U. Press, Princeton NJ, 1970.Google Scholar
- [T]A.F. Timan, Theory of Approximation of Functions of a Real Variable, Dover, 1994.Google Scholar
- [To]J.C. Tougeron, Ideaux de Fonctions Differentiables, Springer, 1972.Google Scholar
- [Wi]P. Wingren, Lipschitz spaces and interpolating polynomials on subsets of euclidean spaces, Springer Lecture Notes in Math. 1302 (1986), 424–435.Google Scholar