A simple proof of the majorizing measure theorem
- 197 Downloads
We gieve a completely elementary proof of the existence of majorizing measures for bounded Gaussian processes. The proof relies upon Sudakov's minoration, the concentration of measure phenomenon, and a (somewhat deceptively) simple construction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [LT]M. Ledoux, M. Talagrand, Probability in Banach spaces, Springer Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- [T1]M. Talagrand, Regularity of Gaussian processes, Acta Math. 159 (1987), 99–149.Google Scholar
- [T2]M. Talagrand, Regularity of infinitely divisible processes, Manuscript, 1990.Google Scholar
- [T3]M. Talagrand, The supremum of certain canonical processes, Manuscript, 1990.Google Scholar
- [T4]M. Talagrand, A new isoperimetric inequality and the concentration of measure phenomenon, Israel Seminar on Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis, Springer Verlag, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1469, 94–124, 1991.Google Scholar