On the theory of the Stern-Gerlach apparatus
Part II. Invited Papers Dedicated To Ilya Prigogine
- 588 Downloads
We present, in various limits, analytical expressions for the center-of-mass wave function of a spin-1/2 atom as it is deflected by a Stern-Gerlach apparatus.
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Gerlach and O. Stern,Z. Phys. 8, 110 (1922).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Richtmeyer, E. Kennard, and T. Lauritsen,Introduction to Modern Physics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1955).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Bohm,Quantum Theory (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1951).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Schwinger, to be published in the Hermann Weyl Centennial Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Scully, R. Shea, and J. McCullen,Phys. Rep. 43, 487 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.E. Kennard,Z. Phys. 44, 326 (1927).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1987