On the completeness of Hu Hai chang's solution
- 20 Downloads
In this paper, the completeness of Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved in the case of convex regions in z-direction under a supplementary condition. On the other hand, for those non-convex regions in z-direction, Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved to be incomplete.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Supplementary Condition Convex Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mindlin, R., Note on the Galerkin and Papkovitch stress functions.Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 42 (1936) 373–376.Google Scholar
- 2.Hu Hai-chang, On the three-dimensional problems of the theory of elasticity of a transversely isotropic body,Journal of Academia Sinica (Beijing), 2 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.Muki, Asymmetric problems of the theory of elasticity for a semi-infinite solid and a thick plane,Progress in Solid Mechanics, I (ed. by Sneddon and Hill) (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.Eubanks, R. A., and Sternberg, E., On the completeness of the Papkovitch stress function.J. Rational Mech. Anal., 5 (1956), 735–746.Google Scholar
- 5.Kellogg, O. D., Foundations of Potential Theory, Berling, Springer, (1929), 260.Google Scholar
- 6.Slobodyansky, M. G., On the general and complete form of solutions of the equations of elasticity (in Russian).Prac. Math. Mech. 23 (1959), 468–482.Google Scholar