Direct NOE refinement of biomolecular structures using 2D NMR data
- 62 Downloads
A set of computer programs called DINOSAUR has been developed, which allows the refinement of biomolecular structures directly from 2D NOE intensities. The NOE restraining potential implemented emphasises the weak intensities corresponding to larger distances which are more likely to determine the three-dimensional structure. An approximation based on a two-spin approximation is proposed for the gradient of the NOE intensities instead of the exact solution which is extremely time-consuming. The DINOSAUR routines have been implemented in various refinement programs (Distance bound Driven Dynamics, Molecular Dynamics and Energy Minimisation) and tested on an eight-residue model peptide.
KeywordsDirect NOE refinement Biomolecular structure Molecular dynamics 2D NMR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baleja, J.D., Moult, J. and Sykes, B.D. (1990)J. Magn. Reson.,87, 375–384.Google Scholar
- Boelens, R., Koning, T.M.G. and Kaptein, R. (1988)J. Mol. Struct.,173, 299–311.Google Scholar
- Gonzalez, C., Rullmann, J.A.C., Bonvin, A.M.J.J., Boelens, R. and Kaptein, R. (1991)J. Magn. Reson.,91, 659–664.Google Scholar
- van Gunsteren, W.F. and Berendsen, H.J.C. (1987)Groningen Molecular Simulation (GROMOS) Library Manual, Biomos BV, Nijenborgh 16, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Kaptein, R., Boelens, R., Scheek, R.M. and van Gunsteren, W.F. (1988)Biochemistry,27, 5389–5395.Google Scholar
- Koning, T.M.G., Boelens, R. and Kaptein, R. (1990)J. Magn. Reson.,90, 111–123.Google Scholar
- Kumar, A., Wagner, G., Ernst, R.R. and Wüthrich, K. (1981)J. Am. Chem. Soc.,103, 3654–3658.Google Scholar
- Macura, S. and Ernst, R.R. (1980)Mol. Phys.,41, 95–117.Google Scholar
- Olejniczak, E.T., Gaupe, R.T. Jr and Fesik, S.W. (1986)J. Magn. Reson.,67, 28–41.Google Scholar
- Wüthrich, K. (1986)NMR of Proteins and Nucleic Acids, Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Yip, P. and Case, D.A. (1989)J. Magn. Reson.,83, 643–648.Google Scholar