Estimation of bone marrow injury through biopsies from whole-body irradiated monkeys (cebus apela)
- 23 Downloads
In the x-irradiated mammal, the ratio erythrocytes/nucleated cells is positively correlated with the radiation dose. In the present report, this correlation is used to estimate, by means of marrow biopsies, the radiation dose received by whole-body exposed monkeys.
Key wordsMeasurement of Radiation Injury Bone Marrow Damage Prognosis of Radiation Syndrome
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LIEBOW, A.A., WARREN, SH., DE COURSEY, E.: Pathology of Atomic Bomb Casualties. Am. J. Path.XXV 853 (1949)Google Scholar
- 2.LUDWIG, F.C., KOHN, H.I.: Quantitative Studies on the Radiation Pathology of the Bone Marrow of Small Mammals. Rad. Res.17 579 (1962)Google Scholar
- 3.SEGRETO, C., LUDWIG, F.C.: Discrimination between Various Dose Levels in Whole-Body Irradiated Mice, by Counts of Bone Marrow Samples. Int. J. Appl. Rad. Isotopes23 545 (1972)Google Scholar
- 4.WELLINGTON, J.C., ELASHOFF, R.M., LUDWIG, F.C.: Bone Marrow Response to Acute Radiation Injury in RFM/U Mice after Whole- and Partial-Body Exposure to X-Rays. Int. J. Appl. Rad. Isotopes19 695 (1968)Google Scholar
- 6.LACASSAGNE, A., GRICOUROFF, G.: Actions des Radiations ionisantes sur l'organisme, p. 126. Paris: Masson 1956Google Scholar
- 7.HULSE, E.V.: Lymphocyte Depletion of the Blood and Bone Marrow of the Iŕradiated Rat: A Quantative Study. Brit. J. Haematol.5 278 (1959)Google Scholar
- 8.BOND, V.P., CRONKITE, E.P., FARR, R.S., HECHTER, H.H.: Hematologic Observations. From: Some Effects of Ionizing Radiation on Human Beings, pag. 43 F.F. Nav. Med. Res. Inst. Bethesda, Md., USAEC 1956Google Scholar