Immunoglobulin isoantigens (allotypes) in the mouse
- 50 Downloads
Murine antisera raised against allogeneic lymphoid cells often contain antibodies to IgM allotypes. Rarely, allotypic antibodies to IgM have been found after immunization withB. pertussis anti-B. pertussis conjugates. Using both types of antibodies, we have defined a new constant-region locus for both secreted and membrane-bound μ chains. This locus,Ig-6, is closely linked to the previously described H-chain constant-region loci (Ig-1 throughIg-5) and is subject to allelic exclusion. We have identified three alleles and four antigenic specificities ofIg-6.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Goding, J.W.: Allotypes of IgM and IgD receptors in the mouse: A probe for lymphocyte differentiation.Contemp. Topics Immunobiol. 8: 203–243, 1978Google Scholar
- Herzenberg, L.A. and Warner, N.L.: Genetic control of mouse immunoglobulins.In B. Cinader (ed):Regulation of the Antibody Response; Chapter XV, C. C. Thomas, Springfield, Illinois, 1968Google Scholar
- Herzenberg, L. A., Herzenberg, L. A., Black, S. J., Loken, M. R., Okumara, K., van der Loo, W., Osborne, B.A., Hewgill, D., Goding, J. W., Gutman, G., and Warner, N.L.: Surface markers of functional relationships of cells involved in murine B lymphocyte differentiation: Origins of lymphocyte diversity. Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol.41:33–45, 1976Google Scholar
- Herzenberg, L.A. and Herzenberg, L.A.: Mouse immunoglobulin allotypes: Description and specific methodology.In D. M. Weir (ed):Handbook of Experimental Immunology, 3rd Edition; Chapter 12, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1978Google Scholar
- van der Loo, W. and Hamers, R.: Scaling up immunoaffinity chromatography by automation.In H. Peeters (ed):Protides of Biological Fluids; Vol. 23; pp. 603–608, Pergamon Press, New York, 1975Google Scholar
- Warner, N.L., Harris, A.W., and Gutman, G.: Membrane immunoglobulin and Fc receptors of Murine T and B cell lymphomas.In M. Seligmann, J.-L. Preud'homme, and F. Kourilsky (eds):Membrane Receptors of Lymphocytes; pp. 203–216, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1975Google Scholar