Multidimensional digital filtering by using parallel algorithms based on diagonal processing
- 55 Downloads
An approach for massive parallel processing in multidimensional digital filtering, which has briefly been introduced for causal digital filters in previous publications, is generalized and examined in more detail. It is based on a suitably modified sampling procedure combined with diagonal processing and does not require any additional arithmetic operations in comparison with corresponding conventional digital filtering. The condition that has to be satisfied for making the approach suitable for full parallel processing is derived. Properties of diagonal hyperplanes as required for the present approach are discussed.
KeywordsMultidimensional filtering parallel processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sung, W. and Mitra, S.K. 1987. Implementation of digital filtering algorithms using pipelined vector processors.Proceedings of the IEEE, 75, (9) (Sept.): 1293–1303.Google Scholar
- Mertzios, B.G. 1984. Block realization of 2-D, IIR digital filters.Signal Processing, 7 (2) (Oct.): 135–149.Google Scholar
- Fettweis, A. 1976. Multidimensional wave digital filters,IEEE Arden House Workshop on Digital Signal Processing, Harriman, New York, 22–25 February.Google Scholar
- Fettweis, A. 1979. Principles of multidimensional wave digital filtering.Digital Signal Processing. Ed. by J.K. Aggarwal, Point Lobas Press.Google Scholar
- Brinkmann, H. and Klotz, E.A. 1971. Linear algebra and analytic geometry. Reading, Mass. and London: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Fettweis, A. 1978. Suppression of parasitic oscillations in multidimensional wave digital filters.IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., CAS-25 (12) (Dec.): 1060–1066.Google Scholar
- Roesser, R.P. 1975. A discrete state-space model for linear image processing.IEEE Trans. Autom. Contr., AC-20 (1) (Feb.): 1–10.Google Scholar
- Fornasini, E. and Marchesini, G. 1976. State-space realization theory of two-dimensional filters.IEEE Trans. Autom. Contr., AC-21 (4) (Aug.): 484–491.Google Scholar
- Dubois, E. 1985. The sampling and restruction of time-varying imagery with application in video systems.Proceedings of the IEEE, 73 (4) (Apr.): 502–522.Google Scholar