Common solutions of the einstein and Brans-Dicke theories
- 47 Downloads
It is shown that non-trivial solutions common to the vacuum field equations of the Einstein and of the Brans-Dicke theories necessarily representpp-waves and the set of all common solutions is precisely the set of allpp-wave solutions of the Einstein equations. The form of the associated scalar field is found and is shown to be singular when ω<−1.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Scalar Field Field Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brans, C. and Dicke, R. H. (1961).Physical Review,124, 925.Google Scholar
- Ehlers, J. and Kundt, W. (1962).Gravitation: An Introduction to Current Research (Ed. L. Witten). Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Horndeski, G. W. (1973). Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo.Google Scholar
- Kundt, W. (1961).Zeitschrift für Physik,163, 77.Google Scholar
- Newman, E. T. and Penrose, R. (1962).Journal of Mathematical Physics,3, 566.Google Scholar
- O'Hanlon, J. and Tupper, B. O. J. (1972).Il Nuovo Cimento,7B, 305.Google Scholar