Metric and Ricci tensors for a certain class of space-times ofD type
- 49 Downloads
The class of space-times has been determined at the connection level, assuming the existence of some symmetrical relations between the Ricci rotation coefficients. It has been assumed, for instance, that at least two shear-free congruences of null geodesics exist. We have shown that onlyD type or conformally flat space-times can belong to this class. The theorem has been proved that a system of coordinates exists in which the metric tensor can depend on two coordinates, only. The metric tensor has been determined with an accuracy to two functions, each of which is a function of only one coordinate. Linear, second-order differential expressions have been found for these two functions. They determine the Ricci tensor. Several solutions of the Einstein-Maxwell equations with a cosmological constant are given.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Cosmological Constant Ricci Tensor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Debney, G. C., Kerr, R. P., and Schild, A. (1969).Journal of Mathematical Physics,10, 1842.Google Scholar
- Kowalczyński, J. K., and Plebański, J. F. (1977).International Journal of Theoretical Physics,16, 357.Google Scholar
- Plebański, J. F. (1975a).Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences,262, 246.Google Scholar
- Plebański, J. F. (1975b).Annals of Physics,90, 196.Google Scholar
- Plebański, J. F., and Demiański, M. (1976).Annals of Physics,98, 98.Google Scholar