Representation of a word function as the sum of two functions
We establish an algebraic condition which is necessary and sufficient for a word function of finite rank to be expressible as the sum of two functions, each of rank lower than that of the given function.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Finite Rank Word Function Algebraic Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. W. Carlyle, Stochastic finite-state systems theory, inSystem Theory, edited by L. A. Zadeh and E. Polak, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1969.Google Scholar
- 2.J. W. Carlyle andA. Paz, Realizations by stochastic finite automata,J. Comput. System Sci. 5 (1971), 26–40.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Heller, On stochastic processes derived from Markov chains,Ann. Math. Statist. 36 (1965), 1286–1291.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Heller, Probabilistic automata and stochastic transformations,Math. Systems Theory 1 (1967), 197–208.Google Scholar
- 5.D. B. Lahiri, Hypo-multiplicative number-theoretic functions,Aequationes Math. 9 (1973), 184–192.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Paz,Introduction to Probabilistic Automata, New York, Academic Press, 1971.Google Scholar